There are currently no open paid positions with AFAD.
Internships / Volunteer Opportunities
AFAD is seeking to recruit interns to assist AFAD's operations in the US. The unpaid internships are a great opportunity to build practical skills in developing and implementing development programs. To be eligible for the internship program, candidates must be enrolled in a University graduate program with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity. AFAD accepts interns from multidisciplinary major areas including Public Policy, International Development, IT, Communications, Business Management and other related fields.
General responsibilities include the following:
- Research the development needs in a fragile state in general and Afghanistan in particular in order to develop a profile of priority projects relevant to AFAD’s mission.
- Research relevant donor and foundation profiles, practices and grant opportunities to list potential donors for AFAD projects or concepts.
- Research established implementing partners relevant to AFAD’s mission and work to build partnerships with them.
- Conduct extensive research on specific grants opportunities and present findings to AFAD management for proposal consideration and submission.
- Collaborate with AFAD management to draft grant proposals.
- Develop communication and informational materials for public and fund-raising events.
- Help with AFAD registration, expansion and partnership building in the US.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in social sciences, public policy, communications, business administration or related field.
- Interest in International Development especially women and youth development in fragile contexts.
- Interest in working for nonprofit organizations.
- Interest and experience in conducting and analyzing research.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Strong research, analytical, report writing and presentation skills needed.
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to work within deadlines
- Maturity, initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
Duration and Duty Station:
- AFAD accepts internship application on a rolling basis and expects interns to work for at least two months in the Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring semesters.
- The internships are unpaid and interns can work part-time or full time allowing for flexibility with studies.
- An intern will not be given AFAD e-mail account or other resources.
- An intern will work remotely from their own settings and utilize private or public resources to accomplish tasks.
- Interns may be required to present their findings to AFAD and other peers within a group.
Where to Apply?
- Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
How Can You Work with Us?